Sweet Streamlining

From this...
to this.


From this...
to this.



















My kitchen will be so much tidier now.


And the Het Goed 2nd hand store should be rather pleased (I hope) when they sort through the stuff we brought them. Stuff that we have appreciated, and enjoyed, and are now ready to pass on to someone else who will use it more than we do. Storage issues and moving possibilities aside, it bothers me when we hold on to things that we don't use. My ever-patient husband is great at reminding me to stop and consider whether we need something before I buy it on a whim ("I think you need a lightsaber") or toss it on a whim ("It's summer - let's get rid of the fat scarves.") I'm good at questioning whether we need to keep certain things that rarely get used in our lifestyle. Vases? Ice skates? File binders? Some things go in a give-away pile; some stay but get better organised.

Meanwhile, Faramir and I sit together on the couch in the evening and clink our cups of steaming tea in congratulation. We make a good team.


And this is only part of what we stuffed in the car.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling Over Budgets

From Dinosaurs to Da Vinci (January Unit Studies)

2020 Garden